[TYPO3-mvc] How to use an Extbase plugin as "sidebar"?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Apr 4 19:23:39 CEST 2010

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Sometimes you want to hard-wire a plugin via TS to the page without the need to look for any
> incoming GET/POST data. This means I could do without RequestBuilder or RequestHashService.
>
> Is there any other method besides Dispatcher->dispatch() to use in such a case? I don't think there
> is one for 4.3. I haven't followed trunk recently, so I might have missed the promised refactoring
> of the the dispatcher

Hm, looking at the (hopefully) old code of the 4.3 version of the Dispatcher makes me sad. The
reflection service is static, yet it is a) created unconditionally (!) and b) it is also shut down
again within the dispatcher (this should happen only at the real end of the request *).

I'll forget about hacking my own dispatcher and simply try _PI_VARS with the default one. But it
hurts me that the framework will be started and stopped twice on a single page.

Masi

* I'm pretty sure there is a reasonable hook in TYPO3 for that.