[TYPO3-mvc] image processing inside controller for json output?

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Sat Apr 3 19:11:50 CEST 2010

On 03.04.10 15:17, Andreas Kießling wrote:
> Hi Franz,
>
>> although this might be the cleanest solution, he doesn't necessarily
>> need to do that. For simple image processing stuff he could use already
>> available instances of cObjects:
>>
>> - Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher::cObj->IMG_RESOUCRE

Don't rely on this. It may change in future versions of Extbase without
any further notice. The comment above the property definition is

/**
  * Back reference to the parent content object
  * This has to be public as it is set directly from TYPO3
  *
  * @var tslib_cObj
  */
public $cObj;

>> - $GLOBALS['TSFE']->cObj->IMG_RESOURCE

This one is o.k.. But I suggest to instanciate your own instance of the
object to be able to use the controller in the frontend and backend.

Regards
Jochen