[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid validation: how to debug errors?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Sep 25 20:50:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>>> Using some magic would be more comfortable but on the other hand more
>>> expensive.
>>
>> Is that really the case?
>> resolving "Tx_SomeExtension_Foo_Bar_ClassName" to
>> "EXT:some_extension/Foo/Bar/ClassName.php" can't be much more
>> expensive than looking up the class name in a huge(!) array..
>> I don't know all the implications but I always thought the
>> autoload-array was only needed for exceptions like tslib_cObj.
>
> This is what I remember too that was said when autoloader was introduced.

yes, it was the case at the beginning. unfortunally the autoloader
changed many times, so at the end there is no name-to-path resolving
which was the case in the beginning. This isn't that easy -
extbase/fluid have a clean naming scheme, that's not the case for the
core v4 classes or even extensions.

I'm too not lucky with this current state of autoloader and wrote it
several times, but that doesn't change anything.

Expensive is the spl_autoload which was used in extbase at the beginning.

vg Steffen