[TYPO3-mvc] [FYI] Bug in Extbase with 1:1 relations

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Sep 2 15:20:49 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to tell you that we updated Extbase and Fluid in TYPO3 v4
Core Trunk yesterday! A lot has happened since the last update in core,
about 500 changes have gone in. (see core mailing list for all the nice
details :-) )

There is just one bug we want you to know:
In case you build an edit-form for a domain model with a 1:1 relation,
this will unfortunately not work.
So example, if you have a "Blog" which has an "Author", editing the
"Author" field will not work and Extbase will throw a fatal error
(something like "Tx_BlogExample_Domain_Model_Author expected, string
given").

We're working hard on the solution in FLOW3 and Extbase (especially
Karsten :-) ), but I think we will not manage to still get the bugfix
into Extbase today.
As I am offline until T3CON (next Thursday), the Bug will stay in
Extbase until then.

We'll fix this as fast as possible, so you can expect it to be fixed in
one and a half weeks from now.

Greets and thanks for trying out Extbase,
Sebastian