[TYPO3-mvc] t3lib_extMgm::insertModuleFunction supported?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Oct 24 00:52:50 CEST 2009

Hi

Attached patch is a follow-up of previous message and contains all changes to be made to Extbase in a single diff file. In addition, it works with trunk version of Extbase but needs patch that was
provided by Jochen on 22.10.2009 in thread "injectReflectionService() recent change?". The corresponding patch (extbase_dispatcher.diff) will hopefully be committed soon to Extbase trunk. Until then,
you should apply it yourself with:

$ cd /path/to/extbase
$ patch -p1 < /path/to/extbase_dispatcher.diff

According to my first message on this thread today:

 > We need something "powerful" that allows this:
 >
 > 1) Extbase BE modules should be able to hook into Extbase BE modules
 > (standard use case)
 > 2) Extbase BE modules should be able to hook into non-Extbase modules
 > (may be useful to add something for instance to Web > Info's function menu)
 > 3) non-Extbase BE modules should be able to hook into Extbase BE modules
 > (don't have a use case at hand but would be great to better integrate
 > Extbase into backend)

3) was already done in extension mvc_extjs_samples. Code that was integrated to Extbase when backend support was added supported this use case
2) was tested with the patch I provide here (Extbase module function that integrates within Web > Info function menu). See previous post for details
1) was tested with same patch and same code as for integration within Web > Info. Was integrated to Blank Module of extension mvc_extjs_samples (locally though).

Further tests should ensure that Fluid and persistence are working the way they should but the "dispatcher" part and the "hooking" into existing backend modules is successful for all those above use
case now.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers