[TYPO3-mvc] Validation in TCA and extbase

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Oct 14 18:43:22 CEST 2009

Jochen Rau wrote:

Hi Jigal & Jochen,

> I wrote a reply to Bestians message but the system ate it :-(

don't be suprised, if you feed the "Bestie" it'll eat ;)

> I argued the same way. It would be great to have the validation rules of
> Extbase "at hand" in the TCA like

I absolutely agree!

> "eval" => "Tx_Extbase_Validation_Validator_EmailAddressValidator"
>
> After I read the f****** manual, a have to admit that this is already
> possible (nearly). Even the JavaScript stuff.

Exactly. We'd just need a thin class that provides returnFieldJS() and
evaluateFieldValue() and calls the respective Extbase validators - it
would be nice, if one could pass additional parameters to the custom
evaluator like 'eval' => array('class' => 'Tx_Foo_Bar', 'xyz' => 'baz')
then we'd only need one adapter class.

Best
Bastian