[TYPO3-mvc] Validation in TCA and extbase

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Oct 14 12:26:38 CEST 2009

Jochen Rau wrote:

Hi Jochen & co,

> Yes. Unfortunately the validation rules TCA<->Extbase<->FLOW3 are not in
> sync. While it is no problem to be in sync with Extbase<->FLOW3. It will
> be really challenging to sync TCA<->Extbase.

I don't think, that we need to sync Extbase with TCA, at least not
automatically.
In a lot of cases you want _different_ validation rules in the TCE. E.G.
you might want to allow "Extbase" as blog title in the BE but not in the FE.

I think, it would make more sense to validate objects only when they are
changed - Imagine you want to introduce a new validation rule, but you
want to keep the existing objects untouched.

Bastian