[TYPO3-mvc] Domain Model Event-Handlers

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Thu Nov 19 10:28:49 CET 2009

Jochen Rau schrieb:
> Hi Steffen.
>
> Steffen Ritter wrote:
>> Jochen Rau schrieb:

>>> There is currently no support for event handling inside Extbase. You
>>> might want to open a feature request (for TYPO3 4.4).
>>>
>>> What are the use cases? Following the Domain-Driven Design way, there
>>> is no need to care about persistence.
>> Hi Jochen,
>> there's a simple use case.
>> I'm currently on writing a Hosting-Server management with extbase.
>> Im controlling postfix/dovecot apache-vhosts domains ftp-users and so on
>> with my own datastructer i bound the appliciations on.
>> My vhost configuration I "write" using a template via cron job.
>> Since I'm working on a mgmt for this, i just want to have a "onSave open
>> view apacheTemplate, renderView, put rendered content into file xyz".
>
> That’s  a simple use case? Wow! I don't want to see the more complicated
> ones. ;-)
>
> Isn't it possible to have a "master" controller action and forward the
> process to your ApacheController after updating?
>
> Regards
> Jochen

Hi Jochen,
yes I see it as "simple usecase". I'm heading a bigger extbase project
which will be a little bit more complicated.
But "easier" would be: send email on entity update.

Back to your solution:
It is possible, i know how to put a view into a file and redirect to
another controller/view. The point to me is "after updating" ;) Which
would be an event...

If you can tell me how to handle "after update" all would be fine.
Furthermore i would need a "after create" :)

regards

Steffen