[TYPO3-mvc] Dispach controller from eID file

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sat Nov 14 11:59:05 CET 2009

Fernando Arconada schrieb:
> I don't really like the pageType solution, I preffer to use eID for AJAX
> and webservices. Reading the maillist seems that there are several
> persons waiting for that feature: CLI, eID, hooks... should it be
> prioritized?
>
> Thanks
>
> El Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:19:50 +0100, Xavier Perseguers escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I'm using AJAX.... With another PageType... Works fine... I Have a AJAX
>>> controller...
>> Have a look at EXT:mvc_extjs_samples, we used Extbase with Ajax, just as
>> Steffen described, with a dedicated pagetype.

If you need it, implement it :) I did with some features bugfixes too...

But there's nothing against a PageType variant. It is much slower if you
need such things as realURL etc (and if you initialize all by hand) If
you are a "speed fanatist" replace the pagerender class in your page
type with an "empty dummy" then you have nearly the same results if
initializing all by hand. Probably Core should provide a
pagerender-class for AJAX requests?

I think there is more need to get all frontend features done, than extra
  variants using the current features :)

regards

Steffen