[TYPO3-mvc] How To implement restrictions on "per Property" basis

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Nov 9 15:02:41 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

> What would would be "best practice" for that? I already thought about an
> "ACL viewhelper" wrapping each field in the templates, which "deletes"
> unallowed fields.
>
> This seems not quite handy to me... Any ideas?
Really? I think this is not bad actually... As you _only_ need to modify
your template, and nothing else.
In case your ACL ViewHelper (or however you call it) decides to render
its children, the corresponding form element will be added to the HMAC
generation, but in case it decides not to show it, the field will not be
added to the HMAC. Thus, you won't need any additional checks on the
server side.
I'd think this is rather elegant...

Greets,
Sebastian