[TYPO3-mvc] Where to implement the business logic?

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Tue Nov 3 18:24:47 CET 2009

Hi,

while reading Olis post about implementing domain models (BE users etc.)
in his recent post, I thought about my typo3_webservice extension where
I implemented a general "model class" for all tables defined in TCA.

I thought about porting the typo3_webservice extension to make use of
extbase, but I wonder where I can put my buisiness logic then.

Currently I put it in the model class, so that I can access data of the
objects (mainly the fields from a table row) but these objects do a lot
more like returning a XML representation of the data and returning
labels of the fields and so on.

While porting to extbase I'd like to seperate these things, meaning
having objects containig data but also objects implementing the business
logic (XML transformation and the like in case of the webservice).

Can anyone give me a hint where to generally put the business logic in
case of an extbase extension.

Thanks

Regards Helmut