[TYPO3-mvc] Enitites and Value Objects (Get into my brain, DDD!)

Sebastian Gebhard s.gebhard at markenmotiv.de
Wed May 27 14:39:09 CEST 2009

Hi *,

me again.

Jochen already explained a bit about enitites and value objects in
an/some other topic(s) but it's still not easy. Maybe it gets easier
when I have my Model stuff finished and start coding business logic.

Anyway, maybe you can help me with the distinction in my actual real
world case.

I have

- Brand Object, representing a car brand like Volkswagen. It only has a
name.

- Category Object, representing the category of a car like Coupe. It has
a name and a parentcat field (so it's hierarchical)

- CarType Object, representing a car model like Golf III. I avoided the
term "model" in the Object's name to not get confused with MVC models. A
CarType Object has a Brand and a Category

- Car Object, representing a real world instance of a car like the car i
come to work with, having a chassis number. A Car has a CarType and a
lot of other properties with no relations to other tables.

The Car Object obviously is an Entity. It Identity does not change when
I drive home and the driven Km's have changed.

At all other objects I'm not sure.

Could you give me a hint?