[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid and localized dates

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon May 25 21:52:36 CEST 2009

Hi Xavier,

> I started using Fluid this morning and I really enjoy.
:-)

> 1) Is there a plan to support localized dates? For instance adding a
> strftime method to the class and first converting the date as a
> timestamp and then passing it to strftime(). That may be not "correct"
> in all cases but should work quite well in most case (after all there's
> no 100% way with this)
What is your use case for this? We still wanted to implement
configurable default values for ViewHelpers, so you could tell the
system (f.e. via some TypoScript) that if the page is English, use the
English timestamps, and for German, use german date/time notation.
Would this solve your problem?

> 2) How may I use the standard DateTimeViewHelper from my code, that is
> without using it in a template. I read that it takes only one argument,
> the format but the date to format itself is given as child. Should a
> syntax with an date attribute be added?
Nope - actually you should not need to call a ViewHelper outside of the
Template. Why do you want to use it, and in what context?

Greets from Dresden and thanks for your comments,
Sebastian