[TYPO3-mvc] I proudly present...

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon May 25 21:45:59 CEST 2009

Hey Susanne,

great that you are so quick and enthusiastic about Extbase :-) It's
really cool to see how fast you used it!

I have reviewed the code and have some comments:

- You can rename the top-level directory "tests" to "Tests" (with capital T)

Inside the Controller:
- I'd rename "indexConf" to something like "indexConfiguration"
   or "indexSettings"
- Where dio you get $limit from? I don't see where it is
   initialized :-)
- Never get GET-Parameters with "$_GET['tx_addresses_pi1']['page'];" -
instead, use an annotation:

/**
  * @param integer $currentPage The current page
  */
public function indexAction($currentPage = NULL) {
	// Now, you'll have the parameter inside $currentPage
}
- You still have the "Pagebrowser" inside Domain/Model

Inside the ViewHelper:
- You currently call $_GET there - because you want to create a widget.
Actually we are not yet sure how we can handle these widgets which
"live" only in the View and change their state on page refresh... So,
$_GET is ugly but currently I don't know a more fancy solution apart
from getting stuff from $request directly
- getLink: You can use the URIHelper - see the Link_ActionViewHelper as
an example how to fetch the URIHelper. (But beware - we'll still change
the name and location of the URIHelper when backporting the new FLOW3
changes before the final 4.3 release)

That's all my comments for now - I hope it is OK that I give my comments
here. I really like a lot how much you've done in such a short
timeframe, and I hope my feedback helps a bit :-)

Greets from Dresden,
Sebastian