[TYPO3-mvc] blog_example - caching issues?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu May 21 22:22:56 CEST 2009

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Helmut Hummel schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 20.05.2009 12:50 Uhr, schrieb Sebastian Kurf?ürst:
>>> How would you solve the caching issues when writing a standard PIBase
>>> Extension? How would you clear the cache depencies there?
>> I'd write a USER_INT plugin or use no_cache for the page ;)
>>
>> Seriously I think this is how it is solved very often currently, but as
>> Ingo pointed out this is no real solution and the only way to go is take
>> advantage of the new caching framework in TYPO3 4.3
>
> OK then, what about this as a very quick fix for Alpha 3:
>
> Just have Extbase plugins *always* be USER_INT for now, i.e.
> disregarding the whole caching differntiation.
>
> I think that gives a better user experience for the start, and it could
> clearly be pointed out in a code comment that it is only a temporary
> solution for Alpha 3.

i dislike for following reason:
if you disable cache no user will be sensible for cache issues.
Remembers me to my first steps in TYPO3, where i used config.no_cache=1
because i didn't understood how to use cache right.

If dev doesn't want it he can disable cache with one line of TS, but
having cache enabled shows:
* where is the problem
* ways to solve it
* knowledge what is cached and what not

So please don't disable cache for the release. It's alpha and shows the
need of fixing this issue.

vg Steffen