[TYPO3-mvc] blog_example - caching issues?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu May 21 12:30:57 CEST 2009

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Am 20.05.2009 12:50 Uhr, schrieb Sebastian Kurf?ürst:
>>
>> How would you solve the caching issues when writing a standard PIBase
>> Extension? How would you clear the cache depencies there?
>
> I'd write a USER_INT plugin or use no_cache for the page ;)
>
> Seriously I think this is how it is solved very often currently, but as
> Ingo pointed out this is no real solution and the only way to go is take
> advantage of the new caching framework in TYPO3 4.3

OK then, what about this as a very quick fix for Alpha 3:

Just have Extbase plugins *always* be USER_INT for now, i.e.
disregarding the whole caching differntiation.

I think that gives a better user experience for the start, and it could
clearly be pointed out in a code comment that it is only a temporary
solution for Alpha 3.

cheers
Ingmar