[TYPO3-mvc] blog_example - caching issues?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed May 20 14:47:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

Robert Lemke schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>
>> i also think this magic is too complex, you never will cover all
>> cases. Ext author should decide when to flush the cache imho.
>
> Well, maybe.
>
> Just another thought which popped up while reading this thread: How
> about introducing a mechanism which allows you to cache a method call.
> Cache entries would be generated depending on the argument values of
> that method.

[snip]

It's not easy to get the same confusion as in v4 where articles like
"Mystery of Cache" were needed :-)

As in initialization actions are defined as cached/uncached maybe we
need something like the magic "COA_INT-on-the-fly", means possibility to
turn an action to uncached for one request.
I'm not sure how to solve it really elegant.

vg Steffen