[TYPO3-mvc] Future plans for blog_example?

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon May 11 23:14:52 CEST 2009

Hi Nathan,

On 11.05.2009, at 18:18, Nathan Lenz wrote:

> I'm curious if there are plans for transitioning blog_example into
> something more fully featured... blog_realthing or something?

The blog example has its origins in the FLOW3 / TYPO3 v5 project and
Jochen ported it to Extbase so it's easy to compare the FLOW3
implementation
with the MVC backport for TYPO3 4.3.

Although the blog example mainly serves us as a testing bed and kind of
real world example for some FLOW3 features, we do plan to develop the
Blog
package further so it can be used for running a real blog. However, as
this obviously is not our highest priority currently, I can't say when
we'll be doing that ...

Cheers,
robert