[TYPO3-mvc] naming issue: prefixedExtensionKey vs argumentNamespace vs prefix vs designator

Jochen Rau j.rau at web.de
Thu May 7 13:30:36 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen

> extensionName="myext"
> is wrong as extensionName is different to extensionKey, and this one
> here is with stripped "_"

You are right. Should be "... extensionName="MyExt" ..:". The namespace
of $_GET arguments for a specific plugin is "tx" followed by the
extension name in lowercase followed by the plugin key (also lowercase).

The extension name in lowercase is the same string as the extension key
without underscores.

extension key: blog_example
extension name: BlogExample
extension name (lowercase) = extension key (without "_"): blogexample

> pluginKey is wrong also as it's the appendix of classname

The "pluginKey" is meant to be a unique identifyer for a plugin (like
"_pi1" was). Maybe pluginId would be better. It is not used in class names.

> I also think that such naming is very confusing: what is extension, what
> is plugin etc.

An extension can render several plugins (as before). But there is no
class representing the plugin anymore. It is only defined by
configuration. Have a look at ext_localconf.php of the Blog Example and
the setup.txt.

Regards
Jochen