[TYPO3-mvc] latest fluid changes

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed May 6 12:15:44 CEST 2009

Hi there,

As you might have noticed I have done a rather extensive checkin to
tx_fluid yesterday night.
Apart from the latest backport-changes and some bugfixes I have tweaked
and reworked all view helpers. Well, I have _committed_ them - but a lot
of people have been involved. Thanks to Sebastian Böttger, Christopher
Hlubek, Niels Pardon, Andreas Pattynama for your help!
To check out the latest changes have a look at the repository activities
(http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/show/typo3v4-mvc). Additionally you
might want to install the viewhelpertest extension (see
http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/typo3v4-mvc/ToDo_Fluid#Help-on-how-to-develop-a-view-helper
for a howto) which demonstrates all view helpers in action (note: this
requires TYPO3v4.3+).

One note to the contributors: I have taken the liberty to cut down the
view helpers to the essentials in order to reduce complexity.
I have removed typoscript parameters like "stdWrap" for example as I
think you should create custom view helpers (or use cObject view helper)
if you want to use complex constructs from within your templates (less
logic in the view, less duplication).
If you object or have questions, feel free to post them here or send me
a mail!

Bastian

btw: thanks to Sebastian as well for the great work ;)