[TYPO3-mvc] IRRE intermediate tables

Michel Tremblay michel.tremblay at infoglobe.ca
Tue May 5 05:31:29 CEST 2009

I just started to develop my first extbase extension. I got no problem
implementing some simple models with 1:n relations between them.

However, I am not able to implement a N:N relation. For this particular
relation, I do not use the TCA "MM" field. I use an intermediate table
based on IRRE documentation example. (see
tx_irretutorial_mnasym_hotel_offer_rel table :
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/irre_tutorial/0.1.10/view/1/2/)

By looking at extbase source code, I think that
"HAS_AND_BELONGS_TO_MANY" relations can only be created by using the
"mm" field. Is this really the case?

Thank you,
Michel