[TYPO3-mvc] Fatal error due to "recent" changes in Fluid and/or Extbase

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Jun 29 18:47:03 CEST 2009

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
>>> Could someone explain me what changed? For this very case, I'm not
>>> using fully Extbase nor Fluid, I just instantiate it myself. And it
>>> worked great until recently.
>> Yep, we changed the way Fluid is instanciated recently. Because this
>> was no public API, we knew that stuff could break.
>>
>> If you look into Tx_Fluid_View_TemplateView, you'll see what changed:
>> You now need to pass a "rendering context" to the parsed template
>> (buildRenderingContext() ), else you will get exceptions thrown.
>
> OK. Thanks. I'll see that.

Second line (I added) seems to fix the issue:

protected function initializeRenderer() {
     $this->renderer =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Fluid_View_TemplateView');

$this->renderer->setControllerContext(t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_ControllerContext'));

$this->renderer->setTemplatePathAndFilename(t3lib_extMgm::extPath($this->extKey)
. 'Resources/Private/Templates/Activities/index.html');

Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en