[TYPO3-mvc] Fatal error due to "recent" changes in Fluid and/or Extbase

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Jun 28 11:54:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

After updating trunk (after having a bit OoO for a while), I now get
this when I clear cache and show one of my webpage containing a plugin
using Fluid and partly Extbase:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to
Tx_Fluid_Core_Rendering_RenderingContext::setControllerContext() must be
an instance of Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_ControllerContext, null given,
called in
/Users/xavier/Development/TYPO3/typo3_src-trunk/typo3/sysext/fluid/Classes/View/TemplateView.php
on line 125 and defined in
/Users/xavier/Development/TYPO3/typo3_src-trunk/typo3/sysext/fluid/Classes/Core/Rendering/RenderingContext.php
on line 130

Could someone explain me what changed? For this very case, I'm not using
fully Extbase nor Fluid, I just instantiate it myself. And it worked
great until recently.

Moreover, if I refresh the page, the error is gone and the content is
well displayed. Funny, if I clear cache, show a page containing another
plugin using Fluid, and then I show the page that has the Catchable
fatal error (another Fluid/Extbase plugin), then it works without the
fatal error.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en