[TYPO3-mvc] Thoughts regarding Extbase-Backend-Module

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian at kitsunet.de
Fri Jun 19 07:21:14 CEST 2009

Jochen Rau wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Joerg Schoppet wrote:
>> Next improvement, IMHO, would be, to rename ModuleController to
>> BlogModuleController (Convention over Configuration).
>> So a module controller should be named like the module (what do you
>> think?).
>
> I would prefer having one unique controller for the Blog Model
> disregarding the "target" (FE/BE) the output is generated for. I would
> rather implement a specialized action method (e.g. to render a
> BE-related list for an administrator). My read is, that we mostly can
> reuse the existing actions. Of course, the view helpers must be adapted
> for the BE (e.g. ActionViewHelper). And the call to a view helper can be
> transparently dispatched to the right implementation.
>
>> Additionally, under Configuration/Module there should be
>> a) an extra-folder per module (name like module)
>> b) an extra-file per module (e.g. BlogModuleConfig.php)
>>
>> Regarding the registration/dispatch-process I would suggest the
>> following:
>> - extend Tx_Extbase_Utility_Plugin with an additional static method
>> (e.g. registerModule)
>
> +1
>
>> - all the config actually stored in the conf.php file, should be
>> imported there
>
> +1
>

> Regards
> Jochen

Hi,

I do not get it. What is one controller for both targets good for? If I
want an administration modul for my Blog (which is not the default list
modul) I cannot see how I would use typical FE actions (like listview,
singleview, commenting) for that. Maybe you can implement actions for FE
and BE in one Controller but to me two separate controllers look cleaner
so I know exactly if I change something for FE or BE. Of course the
Model etc. can be reused.

If I overlook something here, please tell me.

I like the idea of a registration method like suggested.

cheers
Christian