[TYPO3-mvc] Where to put classical TYPO3 stuff (auth services etc).

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Thu Jun 18 11:21:57 CEST 2009

Hi Nikolas.

Nikolas Hagelstein wrote:

> What is the proper place to put e.g. this authservice class. (probably
> somewhere beyond "Classses") but where exactly?

We discussed that topic in some earlier threads (see 19.12.2008 "Naming
Conventions..." and 16.6.2009 "Thoughts regarding..."). But there is no
final conclusion about that. In my opinion, we should have something like

extbase_example
   - Classes
     - Controller
     - Domain
       - Model
     - View
     - ViewHelpers
   - Configuration
     - FlexForms
     - TCA
     - TypoScript
   - Modules
   - Services
     - AuthenticationService
   - [other top-level folders holding legacy stuff]
   - Resources
     - Private
       - Icons
       - Language
       - PHP
       - Templates
     - Public

The folders "Modules" and "Services" are holding only legacy stuff. In
case of BE-modules we are striving for a solution having all the classes
and configuration in the appropriate extbase folders. In the end the
folder "Modules" will become obsolete.

I don't like the idea of having these folders in "Resources" because
they aren't resources. Only libraries coming from "outside" should be
treated as resources IMHO.

Regards
Jochen