[TYPO3-mvc] Rendering a picture

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian at kitsunet.de
Tue Jun 16 08:30:01 CEST 2009

Bastian Waidelich wrote:
> Sebastian KurfŸürst wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
>> Nope, not yet. I dislike the exit(), and maybe it would be better to
>> use eID and write a new Extbase dispatcher for eID.
>
>> What do you think about this?
>
> I think, eID is a great solution for communication between services
> (e.g. AJAX, Flash, Software Clients...)
>
> But for outputting something different than (X)HTML a new "page type"
> seems to be the right way to me.
> We already have some predefined page types in TYPO3 for PDF, XML,
> plaintext etc..
>
> Why not add a new page type for rendering the vCard or a jpgraph?
>
> tx_savjpgraphImage = PAGE
> tx_savjpgraphImage {
>     typeNum = {$plugin.tx_savjpgraphImage.imagePageType}
>     10 = USER
>     10 {
>         userFunc = tx_extbase_dispatcher->dispatch
>         pluginName = foo
>         extensionName = sav_jpgraph
>         controller = Standard
>         action = bar
>     }
> }
>
> Bastian

Hi,

I always see eID vs. page type as speed vs. complexity. So if the output
is complex or is good to create with TS I would stick with page type,
good examples are XML and plaintext. But if the output is not that
complex, but like here just one plugins output (and cause it is an
image, the output does not need to be extendable with TS) I would use
eID, because it is faster. A bit of a difficult case are complex AJAX
answers. They would maybe be easier (and better configurable) with TS
but speed is important.

Christian