[TYPO3-mvc] How to use If-ViewHelper with other than true/false

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Jun 9 17:46:07 CEST 2009

Hi Jörg,

> At the end, IMHO, this will result in a discussion:
> Should we avoid, that people using "bad" programming through a wanted
> "not-implemented-feature" or should we try to teach them to think about
> the use of a feature?
What we have tried with Fluid is guiding people towards the right
direction of doing things. Thus, if something in Fluid is really
complicated and feels awkward, there is almost always a better way to do it.

Concerning string comparisons: I think we will implement it; however
what we will definitely NOT implement is something like:

<f:if condition="{some.value} == '{firstname} {lastname}'">.

Instead, strings will be taken as literals.

Greets,
Sebastian