[TYPO3-mvc] TYPO3 requires Fluid and Extbase?

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Mon Jun 8 17:03:31 CEST 2009

Benjamin Mack wrote:

> * If we're going with Fluid for the Installer + Login, then it should
> not depend on much (Fluid should probably not even depend on ExtBase)

RED FLAG for the Installer!

Installer must not depend on EXTs and even TYPO3 Core...

The Install tool is much more than just an "initial installer".
1. Installer
2. Configuration tool (via BE module)
3. Updater/fix tool (DB Compare, compatibility check)
4. Emergency tool

Use case for #4: Bad extension in typo3conf/locaconf.php make BE
unavailable... Right now /typo3/install/ give you access to:

5:All Configuration => $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT'][extList]

and also: 9:Edit files in typo3conf/

(as long as ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL is there)

See my point ?

So I would say "please don't make Installer dependent of any Ext."

Patrick