[TYPO3-mvc] Open Job: Introduce Reflection Cache

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sat Jun 6 08:40:36 CEST 2009

Hey everybody,

You already tried Extbase/Fluid and got hooked by the ideas? You want to
help out, but don't know if you can? Be assured, you can! We'll post
some jobs which you can take, starting with fhe first one now.

Category: Major performance improvement

Problem:
Some parts of Fluid/Extbase use Reflection to determine the parameters
of an action and a ViewHelper. For that, we backported some aspects of
the FLOW3 reflection service, which can be found in
Tx_Extbase_Reflection_Service.
However, Reflection in PHP is quite slow, that's why in FLOW3, this
information is cached inside the caching framework (which is available
in TYPO3 4.3 as well).

Bugtracker Reference: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/3294

Job description:
Your job is to add caching support using the Caching Framework to the
Reflection Service, making general Extbase and Fluid calls a lot faster.

Reward:
We'll review your code and give you constructive feedback, and of course
the community will appreciate this feature a lot :-)

Personally, I'd be very happy if somebody could take over this job.

Greets and thanks in advance,
Sebastian