[TYPO3-mvc] blog_example - caching issues?

Christopher Hlubek hlubek at networkteam.com
Thu Jun 4 12:24:17 CEST 2009

Martin Ficzel schrieb:
> I do also think that during rendering every cache-entry should be tagged
> with all affected record-ids. That would enable the system to flush all
> affected caches when a record is changed (TCE-Main can do that). As an
> example the flushing of cache entries where a tt_news record is shown or
> a menu shows the title of page will work very easy. Ts-Config
> TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd would become obsolete (it never was a smart solution).

I think this is the way to go, too. I think the normal content rendering
shouldn't be changed for now. But in extensions it would definitely help
to tag rendered records in the pages cache (or pagesection) and delete
the cache selectively when changing records in the frontend.

We have the experience in a community framework that the current caching
solution from TYPO3 is very problematic.

So, how would the cache tagging for page rendering work? I think there
should be a function in the TSFE or somewhere, that adds cache tags for
the current rendering. So when a page gets rendered, the tags from
extensions are included in the pages cache and can be cleared later on.

IMHO smart caching by the framework is something everyone wants but
that's clearly not a short term goal. And better give the developer a
good API and tools to work with the cache now then try to guess what an
extension could want (as someone said, after all we mustn't think in
CRUD examples!).

Greetings,

Christopher