[TYPO3-mvc] Blog Example and Value Object question

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Dec 30 11:58:57 CET 2009

Franz Koch schrieb:
> findByTag
> findAllByTag
> findByBlogAndTag
> findAllByBlogAndTag
>
> Those methods might also accept arrays as tag parameter, if multiple
> tags/categories get selected/filtered. But for me those
> findByFooAndBarAndFoobar methods look odd, especially if you have
> various enableFields (maybe by having a additional country or language
> filter, author filter and need to combine them). It's just like
> reinventing the wheel for every additional sql criteria you need.
>
> findAllByBlogAndAuthorAndTagAndTimerange($blog,$author,$tag,array('min'=>$date,'max'=>$date))
>

> That's ridiculous and way to much overhead in my eyes as I thought the
> extBase/Flow3 approach would simplify things.

<Just jumping right he and ignoring the rest of your post for now.>

My problem starts with setters and getters. Many methods, classes to make it "clean" according to a
concept and a naming scheme. Perhaps this is fun when you have an IDE that creates stub code for you
from a UML, but manually it's getting tiresome.

Masi