[TYPO3-mvc] ExtCommon - an idea

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Tue Dec 29 16:01:52 CET 2009

Hi Masi.

schrieb Martin Kutschker:
> Tags, comments, categories are common. What do you think of creating an ExtCommon extension that
> provides base (abstract?) implementations of these concepts?
>
> Or maybe the extension could also provide concrete (but extendable) implementations for easy sharing
> between public extensions from TER.

I fully aggree. IMO that's the next important step to take.

Sebastian Kurfürst and I recently discussed this topic with Benni Mack
(release Manager of TYPO3 4.5). I suggested to have a set of generic
domain objects (GEMs) as a base future extensions can easily been build
on. Some more ideas in short:

- A GEM should be based on good open standards (like OASIS CIQ for party
related objects).
- They should come with their own default HTML-template (GEM+Template =
FCE).
- They could be bound to a semantic model (so that a Person and its
properties could be tagged with rdf tags in FE).
- They should be synced with v5.0 (or better be implemented there and
backported).

Possible GEMs (just brainstorming):

Party
Person
- FrontendUser
Address
Location
DateRange
DateTime
Product
Currency
LengthUnit
VolumeUnit
UniqueNumber (with a customizable UniqueNumberService)
Country

and mapped Objects from tt_content

Feel free to add some more.

Regards