[TYPO3-mvc] Single table inheritance (extbase)

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Dec 29 14:37:07 CET 2009

Hi,

> It's never enough ;-). Think about integration in TCEforms ...
>
> I don't intend to implement support for traits/mixins in this first step
> (e.g. a class extends multiple classes on the same hierarchical level).
> Those are really complicated to deal with and I am not sure if we should
> support traits/mixins at all.

I'm just wondering how it would work to extend a existing table with a
new field. Let's say I need the field 'customerNumber' for fe_users. How
would I tell extensions dealing with fe_users that this field is now
available and how could I use it in my templates when there are no magic
setters and getters? Extend the class by a custom class and remap the
table fe_users to my model via TS?
What about having two extensions dealing with fe_users and each of it
extend the fe_user table by a custom field that is needed to be
displayed in both extensions? Will that ever work?

Thinking about this I think at least implementing magic setters and
getters is a mustHave feature. I know that there is a reason for not
using those (comments are used for validation configuration etc.) - but
I fear loosing this possibility (which in worst case could be done by
xclassing in v4) will sooner or later stop people from using extbase or
flood TER even more with "enhanced_xyz_extensions".
Or if magic setters/getters are no option, provide a api to extend
objects with new setters/getters (maybe via TS) using the reflection API
from flow3 or something.