[TYPO3-mvc] Blog Example and Value Object question

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Dec 29 14:01:22 CET 2009

Hi,

> That's what I also understood. The other thing is that putting all the tidbits together I find in
> newsgroups is tiring. I have ordered now the DDD book.

I think I'll also order a book. In the meantime I stick with the FLOW3
documentation which also seems to give a nice summary of some parts.

>> Assume we have a valueObject "name" and a "person" object (which are not
>> related to each other in this example), and both of them have the
>> name/value "John Doe". Also assume the according repositories could
>> contain several objects with this name/value.
>>
>> Now, if you ask the nameRepository to give you a valueObject back that
>> has the value "John Doe", you actually don't care which one of the John
>> Does you get back, because you only care for the correct value that any
>> of those has. So they are interchangeable. But although they are
>> interchangeable and have no necessary personality/"identity", you still
>> can ask the repository to give you a list of all names.
>
> So to get back to the blog example, the repository may give a list of all tags. But, there is no tag
> repository in the blog example.

well, the tagRepository is missing in the blog example, because the blog
example doesn't currently need one. It doesn't have a tagCloud feature
or alike. And even if it would have a tagCloud feature, it still
wouldn't need a tagRepository, because the aggregateRoot can also
contain some findTagsByBlog or simmilar methods as Jochen said.