[TYPO3-mvc] Blog Example and Value Object question

Nathan Lenz typo3 at k9tfk.com
Mon Dec 28 18:58:54 CET 2009

Franz Koch wrote:
> what if the
> tags shall be displayed as tag-cloud,

I'm interested in how this would work.  If Tags are Value Objects, then
they can't be found by Repositories because they don't have an Aggregate
 Root.  (As I recently learned from Sebastian a couple days ago.)

I can see how given Tag "A" you could get all the recipes and loop
through returning only those that have Tag "A" assigned.

However, how would you list all the Tags?

I can see this being useful for at least two reasons off the top of my head:

1. Tag Cloud
2. Tag "suggesting" while an editor is typing out a tag, the form could
show hints of previously used tags.

(Maybe if you want to do this, then Tags shouldn't be Value Objects in
your domain?)

Thank you,
--Nathan Lenz