[TYPO3-mvc] Generating RSS Feed with ExtBase / Exception from Repository

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Fri Dec 25 04:22:28 CET 2009

Hi folks,

after working on it for some hours now, I simply can't find my bug while
trying to output an RSS Feed with ExtBase.

Here's what I did. I added the following lines of code to my TS setup.txt:

====

xml = PAGE
xml {
   typeNum = 100
   10 = USER
   10 {
     userFunc = tx_extbase_dispatcher->dispatch
     pluginName = Pi1
     extensionName = Yag
     controller = Album
     switchableControllerActions {
         1 {
             controller = Album
             actions = rss
     action = rss
     settings =< plugin.tx_yag.settings
     persistence =< plugin.tx_yag.persistence
     view =< plugin.tx_yag.view

====

Inside my Album Controller, I implemented this function:

====

     /**
      * Rss Feed Action rendering a RSS Feed of media
      *
      * @return string   The rendered RSS Feed
      */
     public function rssAction() {
     	if ($this->request->hasArgument('album')) {
	    	$albumRepository =
			t3lib_div::makeInstance(
			'Tx_Yag_Domain_Repository_AlbumRepository');
	    	$albumUid = $this->request->getArgument('album');
	    	$albums =
			$this->albumRepository->findByUid(
				intval($albumUid));
	    	print_r($albums);
	    	return "Hallo RSS World!";
     	} else {
     		return "Kein Album --> kein RSS!";

====

So what I get is an "Expected parameter 1 to be object, NULL given"
exception from my Repository. Seems like I have something misconfigured
in my TS-Controller call that is working when I'm calling the controller
as a page content.

When I call the URL with &type=100 I get the exception, if I call it
without this parameter, everything works fine.

So has anybody got an idea, what I'm missing in my configuration? The
output from the action is generated normally, if I do not want to load
any objects from the repository...

Greetings!

Michael