[TYPO3-mvc] Single table inheritance (extbase)

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Dec 18 08:17:37 CET 2009

Jochen Rau schrieb:
> My current conception is to have a column tx_extbase_target for every
> table responsible for multiple concrete classes. And to implement a
> mapping rule for legacy tables (like CType -> target class). This can be
> defined in config.tx_extbase.persistence.classes .

Hey Jochen,
i don't know if it's "enough". Think of 4 extensions extendending
fe_user table extending generic object and you extension wants to use
all of the otheres - if available.

It's same case as of fe content-elements. they are all compatible
objects using. so their has to be a dynamic possibility to say "get me
this record as objectxy" or define repository get my objects as main
type oder subtype etc.

But in general you "idea" would help (me too) but sounds a bit
"geflickschustert".
regards