[TYPO3-mvc] ValueObjects vs. Entities

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Fri Dec 4 10:03:28 CET 2009

Hi Susanne.

schrieb Susanne Moog:
>> Could you please post your actual (desired) class hierarchy, please?
>
> my limited skills at UML design came up with
>
> http://www.susi-moog.de/fileadmin/Klassendiagramm.png
>
> Is this clear?

I didn't expect such a perfect UML-Diagram ;-)

> (in case the image doesn't convey this: the InformationEvents have a
> relation field to Training, and Training has one to InformationEvents)

Ah. A ValueObject could not contain an Entity. Otherwise it would become
an Identity and therefore become an Entity itself. Could you get rid of
your back-reference InformationEvents->Training? Maybe simply by
removing the property and keep the TCA untouched.

Regards
Jochen

--
Every nit picked is a bug fixed