[TYPO3-mvc] Offering some help for extbase_kickstarter

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Tue Dec 1 15:02:45 CET 2009

Hi .*\.

Sebastian Gebhard wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I had already short contact to Sebastian Kurfürst. I'd like to offer
> some help with the extbase_kickstarter. I'm enthusiastic about extbase
> and it's really a pitty we don't have the kickstarter available right
> now with the release of 4.3.

Great offer.

>  From my point of view this project should have the highest priority
> now, to enable more developers to use the very cool new framework.

The last months every part seemed to be on priority AAA ;-)

> Even for those developers who already more or less understand extbase (I
> include myself) it's not always worth to use Extbase, because setting up
> a new-style extension takes much longer than setting up an old-style
> extension with the old kickstarter.

Take the old kickstarter, keep the table definitions and TCA and drop
the rest ;-)

Seriously, we need the new kickstarter asap as it reflects the DDD
philosophy and speeds up the process tremendously. Ingmar and Sebastian
already did a great job - to be continued.

> Sebastian suggested I could work on some scaffolding stuff like CRUD
> actions or templates for the actions etc. I'd be very interested.
>
> So please, mvc-core-people, feel free to contact and involve me.

Ingmar is the project leader of the new kickstarter. He could give you
the member status with commit rights on

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-extbase_kickstarter

Drop him a line and refer to this thread.

Regards
Jochen

--
Every nit picked is a bug fixed