[TYPO3-mvc] Discussion: findAll() and findByUid() should not respect storage pid

Daniel Kemper mail at dkemper.de
Wed Aug 26 15:36:54 CEST 2009

hey,

I would start a new discussion. I use the extbase repository to find all my
entrys. I splitted the entrys into different SysFolder with different
permissions for backend user.

If i want to use the findAll() method from a table i have a method like
findAllInStorage(). The same problem is with the findByUid(). If i execute
the findByUid() the method is something like findByUidInStoragePid().
Without a definion of the storage pid the querys is like "WHERE pid IN(0)".

I know that i can extend my repository and setRespectStorage to false. But i
should write all the time a new method for it because of the query settings.

Please remove the pid IN() condition by default or add 2 new functions to
the repository without the setRespectStorage field and call the findAll()
and findByUid() or add a argument to activate the storage or not.

please confirm.

Daniel