[TYPO3-mvc] Application Controller equivalent

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Mon Aug 24 10:47:21 CEST 2009

Hi Christoph.

I am back from vacation and slowly catching up with all the emails and
newsgroups.

Christoph Koehler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there an equivalent to the Application Controller in Rails? I'd like
> to define a global function that can be used in all my controllers.
> Where do I do that?

There is no Application Controller as TYPO3 4.x is not an MVC style
application.

The best way is to extend the Action Controller of extbase with your own
Base Controller holding all common methods you need.

Then you can extend this Base Controller with your specific Controllers.

Regards
Jochen

--
Every nit picked is a bug fixed