[TYPO3-mvc] Recent change in method argument handling

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Aug 21 08:53:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

Could someone point me out what changed in argument handling?

I had this in my controller:

public function searchAction($lastName, $firstName, $street) {

}

and before my holidays (10th August), I was able to post data to the search action using POST variables containing the search criteria (which could be empty). E.g.,

POST /path/to/page/containing/controller
     lastName
     firstName Xavier
     street

Meaning I'm searching all "Xavier".

This worked. Now I get these errors instead:

Error:   Required property 'lastName' does not exist.
Error:   Required property 'firstName' does not exist.
Error:   Required property 'street' does not exist.

I tried to change my definition to

public function searchAction($lastName = NULL, $firstName = NULL, $street = NULL) {

}

But this time my POST parameters are not passed anymore, meaning all parameters received by searchAction are NULL.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en