[TYPO3-mvc] URIBuilder rewrite

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Wed Aug 12 10:12:27 CEST 2009

Hi Bastian.

Great RFC!

Bastian Waidelich wrote:
> - rename "URIBuilder" to "UriBuilder" - that's got nothing to do with
> the above, but we should do it anyways ;)
> - rename "URIFor" to "uriFor" - see above
> - rename "typolinkURI" to "render()" (Extbase), add "render()" (FLOW3)

+1

> Extbase & FLOW3:
>
> setArguments(array)
> setSection(string)
> setAbsoluteUri(boolean)
>
> only FLOW3:
>
> setFormat(string) // will probably come to Extbase too

It's on the schedule. But with lower priority.

> only Extbase:
>
> setAddQueryString(boolean)
> setAddQueryStringExcludeArguments(array)

What about
setArgumentsToBeExcludedFromQueryString(array)?

It is longer but IMO better understandable.

> setLinkAccessRestrictedPages(boolean)
> setTargetPageUid(integer)
> setTargetPageType(integer)
> setNoCache(boolean)
> setUseCacheHash(boolean)

>> And finally there would be:
> FLOW3:
> uriFor($actionName = NULL, $controllerArguments = array(),
> $controllerName = NULL, $packageKey = NULL, $subpackageKey = NULL);
>
> Extbase:
> uriFor($actionName = NULL, $controllerArguments = array(),
> $controllerName = NULL, $extensionName = NULL, $pluginName = NULL);

+1

> - Are there important features missing? E.g. do we need to support
> typolinks "addQueryString.method" setting or an equivalent for
> pi_linkTP_keepPIvars?

I think we need an equivalent to pi_linkTP_keepPIvars(). This was a
requested feature (I don't find the source anymore).

Thanks a lot Bastain!

Jochen

--
Every nit picked is a bug fixed