[TYPO3-mvc] How to launch a specific action through plugin in a page or TS ?

Mickaël PERRIN mickaelperrin at yahoo.fr
Sat Aug 8 13:50:26 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

First of all, I would like to thanks all of you to do such a great work
and to prepare the switch to version 5.

I started to use gimmefive at the beginning of the year and done some
kind of map extension with it.

This is my first play with extbase.

So... I have the same question asked by Sebastian Gebhard in the post
MVC, pages and FlexForms dated from 16/06/2009 9:22.

I create an extension with multiple views : displayList, displayLatest,
displaySingle, displayRSS, displayArchives and I would like to call a
particular view within multiples pages.

How can I choose the default action when I put the plugin in a page or
when I call it from TS through page.100 < plugin.myPlugin ?

I read that I have to create multiple plugins, is it the only way ?

For each new plugin I have to call
Tx_Extbase_Utility_Plugin::registerPlugin in ext_tables.php and
Tx_Extbase_Utility_Plugin::configureDispatcher in ext_localconf ?

Thanks,

Mickaël