[TYPO3-mvc] RFC: Handling of Settings and Extbase configuration

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Aug 5 11:26:26 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

> why not merging domainSettings and plugin specific settings in
> $this->settings? THen you never need to fetch domainSettings as they
> are
> already available.
If I understood you correctly, what you call "domain settings" are
stuff like storage PID and the like, right?
I dislike the name, as I start thinking into the direction of "Domain
Models", and these settings are really really infrasctructure related.

The reason why it should _not_ be merged is as outlined in my first
post:
- the plugin specific settings can be structured as _you_ as a
programmer need them to be for your plugin, with no rules by us.
- the framework specific settings (like storagePid) are not FLOW3-
forward compatible and while you need to set them if you configure
your plugin, you as an extension developer should _NOT_ need it nor
use it.

Greets,
Sebastian