[TYPO3-mvc] Question about DI and current component wiring method

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Aug 5 11:04:55 CEST 2009

Hi Robert,

>> Is this supposed to be left as this for Extbase? Does FLOW3 have wiring
>> over configuration instead? Or in addition? I must admit I did not do
>> much FLOW3 as Extbase came quite at the "good" point of time ;-)
>
> In practice you would prefer programing to interfaces: Instead of injecting
> an object of specific class you would rather depend on an interface:
>
> /**
>  * @var \F3\FLOW3\Object\ManagerInterface
>  * @inject
>  */
>
> In FLOW3 you can tweak the actual implementation by altering the
> configuration
> in an Objects.yaml file:
>
> \F3\FLOW3\Object\ManagerInterface:
>   className: \F3\MyPackage\Object\ManagerPlusPlus

Yes, this was my question. Does the Objects.yaml be part of FLOW3 or is
it possible to have it locally in a package? Making it possible to
either change the behavior globally or only for a given package.

And it Extbase there's nothing one can do to change the default behavior
as there is no XCLASS anymore (which were not a perfect solution but at
least allowed us to change/extend the default behavior).

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Leader

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-mvc_extjs