[TYPO3-mvc] RFC: Handling of Settings and Extbase configuration

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Aug 5 09:53:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

Sebastian KurfŸürst schrieb:
> Hi Bastian,
>

>> Is it really a framework configuration? What about
>> Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher::getExtensionConfiguration()
> When having "extension configuration", I think of user-supplied settings...

i tend to domainSettings as these are global for the domain.

What happens with plugin specific settings? In the past you did that
with the controller in TS:
plugin.tx_myext_pi1 {}

for storagePid remember that it's a commalist, coming from TS or
data[pages]. Taking recursive setting into account it will also be a
commalist.
For storing just take the first integer.
This has to be changed, is int now.

I also would prefer a setting where pid isn't taken into account at all.
I know TYPO3 tables always have a pid, but may
you have to import other tables or you need global queries. May be
setting this would do:
storagePid = *
then don't use pid for fetching, use 0 for storing.

>> tt_content.list.20.PLUGINKEY.persistence =<
>> plugin.tx_EXTENSIONKEY.persistence
> Good idea!

yes, better to do plugin specific here. Which settings will be available
for persistence, mapping?

vg Steffen