[TYPO3-mvc] htmlspecialchars in FLUID

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Aug 4 10:51:17 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi there

> how can i deactivate HSC for a value? I want to do
> $this->view->assign('loader', '<di id="loader"></div>');

In my opinion (and as discussed with Steffen) I think, we should not add
something like a NullViewhelper to the "official" viewhelpers cause it
will most likely seduce people to misuse the MVC concept.
Especially when @format is supported, you don't want to deal with HTML
in your controllers (a JSON view can't do anything with HTML e.g.)

If you need a HTML wrapper, hard-code it in the HTML template or write
your custom viewhelper - it's easy.

Having said that, I know that Steffen needed this for the "extbased" BE
modules e.g. to generate the "create shortcut to this page"-icon.
So, if the BE-dispatcher makes it into 4.3 we'll definitely need some
official BE viewhelpers.

I can think of:

<f:be.funcMenu />
<f:be.section />