[TYPO3-mvc] RFC: Handling of Settings and Extbase configuration

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Aug 3 11:44:38 CEST 2009

Sebastian KurfŸürst wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

-1 - just kidding ;)

> 1) Rename Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher::getSettings() to
>    Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher::getFrameworkConfiguration()

Is it really a framework configuration? What about
Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher::getExtensionConfiguration()

> 3) Restructure settings the following way:
> plugin.tx_EXTENSIONKEY {
>     settings {
>         // This will be domain specific settings available in
>         // $this->settings and {settings}
>     }
>     classes
>     enableAutomaticCacheClearing
>     storagePid
> }

nice!
We could group it like

plugin.tx_EXTENSIONKEY {
   settings {
     foo = bar
   }
   persistence {
     enableAutomaticCacheClearing = 0
     storagePid = 123

So the separation is even cleaner and more extensible and we wouldn't
have to change the registration anytime a new configuration option gets in:

> tt_content.list.20.PLUGINKEY.storagePid =<
>     plugin.tx_EXTENSIONKEY.storagePid

-->

tt_content.list.20.PLUGINKEY.persistence =<
plugin.tx_EXTENSIONKEY.persistence

Maybe we could already introduce some more of the FLOW3 naming here
(Caches, Objects, Routes(?))

> What do you think about the above ideas?

It's just great ;)

Bastian