[TYPO3-mvc] A few questions on file organization / MVC framework

Jochen Rau j.rau at web.de
Mon Apr 6 21:32:02 CEST 2009

Hi Xavier,

> I based my test extension on blogextension but even the simple line in
> ext_tables.php does not work for me (may it in my extension or in
> blogextension):
>
> t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY, 'Configuration/Settings/',
> 'Settings');
>
> I see the static template in my template, I include it but then in
> template analyzer, the template is not clickable. It is present but the
> setup.txt file is not loaded, meaning no template is present at the end.

I can not reproduce this issue. Sorry. It all works fine on my
installation. Maybe you can give me more information?

> Concerning the MVC framework, I guess that best for me at this time
> would be to be able to replace the data access layer of extbase with my
> own implementation but I do not know whether there is a trick to do that
> because all is quite inheritated, linked to, ... with the O/R mapping
> part of extbase.

The O/R-Mapper is clearly separated from the (Domain) Repositories. The
only method you have to implement is the buildQuery() and the fetch()
method.

In the latest version of extbase I added several checks whether a common
typo3 column (e.g. cruser_id) extists or not. But I agree, there should
be a better separation between the O/R-Mapper and the DataMap/ColumnMap.
  This would enable you to switch the Metadata configuration.

Regards
Jochen